Leaving Your Legacy – Giving Through a Bequest
A will, bequest or living trust is an easy and popular way to ensure your charitable legacy has an impact. By leaving a bequest or gift in your will, you retain full control of your property and assets through your entire life, and you have the flexibility to change the terms of your gift in case your life circumstances change simply by updating your will or trust.
To make a bequest, you simply need to include language in your will that direct the portion of your estate or assets you wish to give to us. Your options are remarkably flexible, as you can designate:
- A fixed amount (such as $10,000)
- A specific asset (such as held securities, or owned real estate)
- A percentage of your total estate (such as 20% of your total estate)
- The remainder of your estate after you have provided for your other beneficiaries
And many other arrangements and options are possible as well. You can also designate that your bequest gift be directed to areas of greatest need with unrestricted use, or you can designate your gift to support the program or area that is most important to you.
The Michigan Masonic Charitable Foundation greatly appreciates our supporters who leave a legacy of giving through a bequest gift, with recognition through membership in the Lewis Cass Legacy Society. Although we do not require documentation of your will or other legal instruments for recognition and membership in the Lewis Cass society, submitting them for our records are greatly appreciated and help us with our future financial planning.If you need sample language to for your will or legal instruments, you can find some here.
- Contact the Michigan Masonic Charitable Foundation at 1-800-994-7400 or via email at email@example.com for more information on bequests and to talk about your charitable goals and how we can help you achieve them.
- Contact your legal or financial advisor to discuss the impact and options available to you
- If you include the Michigan Masonic Charitable Foundation in your estate plans, use the following information:
Legal Name: Michigan Masonic Charitable Foundation
Address: 1200 Wright Ave., Alma, MI 48801
Phone Number: 800-994-7400
- Remit a copy of your will or trust instrument to us for our records. Your documentation will remain secure and confidential.
The information on this web site is not intended to serve as legal, financial or tax advice. Please contact an attorney, financial or tax advisor. Figures in examples are for illustration only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. Your State’s laws may further impact your individual outcomes.